Cannot comment on certain models

Discussion started by kremiansky

I've noticed my comments don't appear on certain models (about 50% of the comments I've tried to leave), no matter how many times I leave them, but on some models they do, as should. Any known fixes?

Answers

Posted about 1 month ago

May you have been leave comments too often.

kremiansky wrote
is that not allowed? from what I see in the reputation guide, it's encouraged.
jaguarbeastproduction wrote
jaguarbeastproduction
There are no clear limits on how often you can leave comments, but still. You can clarify via support@cgtrader.com
Posted about 1 month ago

Kremiansky, can you please, provide the links for the models, which you can't comment. I have some thoughts about it, but need to be sure

Posted about 1 month ago

Ok. first of all - I don't want to blame those people, cause I don't have time now to check their models. But quick look at their profiles and especially for the review sections can tell something: 1. Many statements about flipped normals, which is the first sign that the model was ripped by unexperienced person , who don't know how to check normal direction. 2. Several statements about non manifold geometry/ missing parts - for sure the real author of such quality models will not make such mistakes. 3. Statements about poor mixamo autorig - of course, even child now can do it, another thing - to correct bones weights, which is needed a little bit more experience.

And finally what is this all about - thieves on this site usually use several accounts, as this site is alloud to do this. So if you will check the comments section - they all the same from 0 reputation accounts with the text like Excellent, OMG, Great work etc. All that is used for promote model and push it upwards in the search engine. Most probably those accounts comments section was banned because of that.

kremiansky wrote
Erm, is that an official statement, or just assumption? I don't care about their profiles, or reviews, or whatever, if I see a nice model with nice previews,and I want to comment on it- I should be able to, and if I'm not able to and the comments are disabled, that should be visible. Just because someone did a model with flipped normals a few years ago, doesn't mean they need to be punished for it forever.
Posted about 1 month ago

Off course it is assumption. For official statement you can contact cgtrader support

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat